You are warmly invited to join in with local Easter events at St Mary’s on Vale Rd, and at The Chapel on Wharf Rd.
Easter is our major festival of the year when we remember the death of Jesus and celebrate him rising from the dead.
Lent is the period before Easter when Christians remember the events leading up to and including the death of Jesus Christ. Last Sunday Neil spoke again about the opportunities to reflect together during Lent:
- Lent Film series at the Chapel (Wharf Rd) on Thursday evenings at 6.30pm. Please come and join us, even if you haven’t been before. The film is followed by food and discussion.
- Lent Book Club on Friday mornings at the Community Cafe (St Mary’s, Vale Rd) where you can discuss the book ‘Embracing Justice’. Cafe opens at 10am, and the ‘book club’ table starts their discussion at 10:30am.
During Holy Week we have events taking place throughout the week:
- Sunday 10th April 10.30am: Palm Sunday service in church. A celebration with palms.
- Thursday 14th April: Maundy Thursday. Bring and Share meal at The Chapel on wharf Rd from 6.30pm. Mains, Veg dishes, puddings are all very welcome!
- Friday 15th April: Good Friday. Walk of Witness through Ash Vale ending at the Wharf for a time of praise, followed by Hot Cross Buns at the Chapel. (No Community Cafe at St Mary’s this week, as we will be at The Chapel serving hot cross buns)
- Saturday 16th April: join us at the church to help decorate ready for Easter Day. Tea, coffee and sandwiches provided.
- Easter Sunday 10.30am: The main service of the year at St Mary’s – a joyous celebration of Jesus rising from the dead. We will be joined this year by the Fijian church family that meet at the Chapel.
- Easter Lunch after the 10.30am service: Please join us after the Easter Morning service in the Vicarage Garden with the Fijians, who are creating a traditional LOVO oven. They will be cooking a wonderful Easter meal for us. Neil will also have the Pizza Oven fired up.
We look forward to welcoming you!