Lorraine Faires shares 24 Ideas to prepare you for Christmas 2020
I am sure everyone is bored of hearing how this year is a little different- so instead I am going to focus on our family traditions which stay the same year on year. Instead of a chocolate calendar we have an activity advent – 24 different activities to prepare for our Christmas celebration. Why not join in with ours or make your own?
1. Start a reverse advent calendar. Items for the food bank are a popular one, or you could write a happy thought down each day and “open” them on Christmas morning.
2. Try a Christmas Zumba workout!
3. Make an Origami ornament- share your best effort on our facebook page!
4. Find out about Christmas in another country- why not adopt a new tradition?
5. Make a decoration (We love using salt dough, but snowman toilet rolls or paper snowflakes are also great)
6. Join the St Nicholas Day Lantern Walk (see What’s On page for details)
7. Have a festive indoor picnic
8. Support a local business- if you aren’t buying this year, try sharing on social media or recommending to a friend!
9. Write a letter- to Father Christmas, a friend or a neighbour (everyone loves getting a hand written letter!) Let them know you are thinking of them, even if you can’t visit
10. Enjoy a mince pie or festive bake (make your own if you can)
11. Today is Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day- join in with your best festive outfit!
12. Make a wreath or garland (upcycle your old decorations)
13. Join in with the Christmas Hamper Zoom service (see opposite for details)
14. Make and send a Christmas card to someone who would appreciate it
15. Take a day off from the news and read a Christmassy story
16. Indulge in Christmas tunes and sing along as loud as you can!
17. Make and enjoy some Santa Bread
18. Take a walk around Ash Vale to see all the lights
19. Make a nativity scene from recycling material
20. Zoom in to Carols by Candlelight (see What’s On page)
21. Have a festive hot chocolate (We enjoy adding gingerbread men!)
22. Prepare a Christmas Eve Box- you don’t need to buy new- choose your best PJ’s, a nice bedtime story or film and maybe even a game to play. Add a yummy biscuit or two – it is Christmas!
23. Enjoy a Christmas movie
24. Join in with Christingle for the Children’s Society (see What’s On page for details)
Have a really lovely Christmas and enjoy making some special memories and new traditions this year!