- Sunday 14th April, 10.00am – Palm Sunday Service
- Wednesday 17th April, 10.00am- 12.00noon: Chapel Greens at the Chapel with Gina; this is a family friendly morning of working, playing and fun in the Chapel Garden. All welcome.
- Thursday 18 th April, 7pm for 7.30pm: Maundy Thursday Bring and Share Meal in the Church. All Welcome.
- Good Friday 19 th April 9.15am: Walk of witness starting at Stratford Road– if you are able, help carrying the cross from Stratford Road to Ash Wharf for the service would be very welcome.
- Good Friday, 10.30am: Open Air Service at Ash Wharf, followed by hot cross
buns at the Chapel
- Good Friday, 4.00pm: Easter Messy Church – craft, art, Easter story and food
– for all ages.
- Saturday 20 th April 10.00am: Decorating the church for Easter Day.
- Saturday 9pm for 9.30 start: Easter Vigil in the Vicarage Garden, followed by
first Communion of Easter in Church.
- Sunday 21st April 10.00am: Easter Sunday Service
Sunday 14th October, Harvest Festival: We will be collecting donations of non-perishable food for Step-by-Step. This charity works with and cares for young people who are vulnerable, many of whom are homeless. They are based in Aldershot. The items required are: Tinned meat and fish, Pot noodles/ foods you can add hot water to, Cereal bars, Crisps, Rice crackers, Fruit in tins, Jars or tins of cook-in sauces, Squash and long-life juice.
Friday 12th October, Half Night of Prayer: all are invited to the half night of prayer starting at the Chapel at 7pm to pray for the work that we do there and then we will prayer walk to St Mary’s for the rest of the evening. Ending at 11pm. See Karen Pugh for details.
Sunday 30th September, Messy Church; 3.00pm in the Church.
Thursday 27th September, Filmshare: at the Chapel. The presentation this week will be the multi-Academy Award winning 1960s classic ‘In the heat of the Night,’ starring Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger.
Chiks Children’s homes in Kerala, SW India: The disaster Kerala has been devastating, due to the worst weather in 100 years. Chiks, the childrens’ homes charity, has three orphanages with about 200 children and has been supported by St Mary’s for some time. Thank God, despite the terribly frightening experience, with buildings damaged, trees down and landslips damaging roads and bridges, none of the children was physically hurt. But the cost to this voluntary charity run by Robin Radley for over 20 years, is great. Each Home is damaged and the farm devasted. All livestock and crops are lost.
Please pray about our response: the need is for money asap to ensure food supplies at the very least.
- Donations to a/c Childrens Homes in Kerala State, at Barclays Bank plc, 22 The Borough, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7NH. Sort code 20 – 11 – 43 Account No. 93019950
You can read more on the Chiks website: http://www.chikschildrenshomes.org.uk
Brilliance- Play with Farnham Maltings: 24th October at St Mary’s 6.30pm Food and bonfire, 7.30 – The Play. Tickets £10, Under 18’s £5.00. See Jackie for tickets or email email@example.com.